February 28, 2020 - Pawn Resources
You have to lug your item into the local shop near your house or apartment. You can call ahead to ask, but without shops actually seeing your item, it will be difficult for pawnbrokers to give a cash offer.
The worst thing (which happens often) is when you spend the time (and gas money) to drag your stuff to a nearby pawn shop, only to realize they won’t offer a loan on it. Maybe they didn’t like that particular model number, or they have too many of that item in stock already, or they simply don’t have the cash to lend out today. Whatever the reason, you wasted precious time, money, and got nothing. FRUSTRATING!
PawnGuru solves this problem by offering a solution that both saves time and money for consumers and pawn shops. We get local pawn shops to submit real cash offers to customers who need cash fast and don’t have time to waste. It’s the new and improved pawn shop experience. Our digital platform works smoothly on all devices and desktop, and will increase awareness for small pawn shops looking to grow.
In the last few months, we’ve gotten feedback from pawn shops around the country about the customers they’ve connected with on PawnGuru. We’ve heard some great success stories, and it’s really exciting!
1. DISCOVERY: A customer in Toledo, Ohio got a cash offer for his ring from a Detroit-area pawn shop, and he drove over an hour to get his cash! Almost 120 miles round-trip. Another customer drove 36 miles to pawn a printer he submitted on PawnGuru.
2. MULTIPLE OFFERS: Customers are submitting multiple items on PawnGuru every day, and getting multiple cash offers from pawn shops simultaneously. Without PawnGuru’s online platform, coordinating offers among multiple pawn shops would be nearly impossible.
3. INSTANT OFFERS: A customer in Detroit, Michigan asked for $500 to pawn his 15-year old car, and got a cash offer within 10 minutes from a local pawn shop. In Chicago, Illinois another customer received 6 cash offers for a Apple TV 3rd-Gen same day!
4. FAST CASH: A customer in Atlanta, Georgia asked for a cash loan for a large riding lawnmower. He received a cash offer of $1000 within one hour, drove to the shop and got his cash loan that same afternoon! The pawn shop that gave the loan had just joined PawnGuru that morning!
5. CUSTOMER SERVICE: A customer in Atlanta got a $200 cash offer for his item from a local pawn shop. When he brought it in, the pawn shop re-appraised it for slightly less, but decided to put customer service first and stick with the original cash offer. PawnGuru partners with the best pawn shops in the country!
1. Paul Libman of Ideal Jewelry and Pawn in Atlanta, GA
Paul explained: One of the major benefits of PawnGuru is helping local pawn shops discover new customers in their local area. Once in the shop, pawnbrokers can negotiate and be more flexible to accommodate the needs of each customer.
“The idea is not to get them in here and then low-ball them. It is to get them in here so we can get a true idea of what we can go on.” – Paul Libman
Click here to learn about Ideal Jewelry and Loan!
2. James Crawford of Heritage Jewelry and Loan in Sugar Land, TX
“PawnGuru has opened many doors for us. It has reinforced the value proposition that we do, everybody markets that ‘we pay the most’ or ‘we’re the greatest,’ but PawnGuru is allowing folks to go out and say ‘hey this is what I got, tell me how much it’s worth?’ It helps the customers make a better-informed decision. They can get a chance to figure out what’s going, make a phone call and say ‘hey can we talk a little more about it.’ It saves them much headache and heartache.” – James Crawford
Click here to learn about Heritage Jewelry and Loan!
3. Brad Levin of Super Pawn in Hammond, IN
Brad reported: Customer submissions are popping up every day and looks forward to PawnGuru’s continued growth.
“The main thing, which excites me, is that it is a new way to reach a customer base that you would’ve not known before. And it is a good way for customers to reach out to shops that they did not know about.” – Brad Levin
Click here to learn about Super Pawn!
4. Dave Reichert of Acme Pawn in Jonesboro, GA
Dave shared a tip: Customers on PawnGuru should be sure to give enough details about the item they wish to pawn or sell. For example, instead of simply typing “guitar,” type “Ibanez model 490 base guitar,” this will peek the interest of pawn shops.
Click here to learn about Acme Pawn!
5. Thomas Blaine of Garden City Exchange, Garden City, MI
“When I first heard of PawnGuru I was intrigued. They are doing the same thing we’re doing, which is searching the internet for leads. It keeps us up-to-date and more competitive by making sure we are making competitive offers.” – Thomas Blaine
Click here to learn about Garden City Exchange!
David Stiebel is one of the cofounders of PawnGuru. David was educated at MIT, where he studied Math. He subsequently worked at Bain as a data scientist before starting PawnGuru in 2015. He started PawnGuru to build a better tool for pawn shops and consumers to connect.More Articles