Android phones and tablets are very popular because of their customizability and flexibility.
It also helps that they’re generally more affordable than iPhones and iPads. However, this can have an impact on the pawn value of the devices. While an Android phone or tablet would fetch some money, it doesn’t have the resale value of an iPhone or iPad. This doesn’t mean there’s no value or market there to sell Android phones. Here is a guide that will help you value these devices. To get the most cash for your Android phone, we recommend submitting it to multiple pawn shops at once– and the best way to do that is on PawnGuru.
Looking to pawn or sell your Android phone?
Get cash offers now – free, easy and local.
Without question, the condition determines the value of the piece. If you have a late model device that works well, has a functioning camera, doesn’t have many scratches or other such problems, you can expect it to sell well. If you have the original power brick, USB charging cable, earphones, and even the box, you’ll get the best possible value for your Android phone or tablet.
Brands also have an impact on value because no-name or lesser-known brands won’t sell well at all. Here’s a list of brands that you can expect to get good value on:
• Samsung – This brand essentially dominates the Android smart phone market and has a great product lineup that spans across different budgets. However, not all phones from this line have value. The top end, flagship devices will fetch the best price so you can expect to get good money for a Galaxy S and Galaxy Note devices.
• LG – LG has some of the best camera phones in the market and the G4 was a great hit. Devices from this particular brand also tend to sell well, especially the late model ones.
• HTC – HTC phones have a considerable amount of value and are possibly the best Android phones as far as durability and quality is concerned. There’s still a market for the old HTC One Plus, which has been around for ages.
• Motorola – Most Motorola devices are fairly affordable and solid because the company is known for resilient technology. The resale value isn’t as high as HTC or Samsung devices, but a phone in good condition will still sell.
• Other – There are other companies out there but they don’t have much value. The Nexus devices from Huawei will sell like hotcakes and OnePlus devices are also very popular.
Pawn brokers will determine the value of an Android phone or tablet after they’re completely satisfied with its performance. After they finish their assessment, they will look at websites like eBay and check the auction prices of the phones. They’ll always lowball and haggle to get the best price possible. Pawn brokers also mention that Android devices don’t have the market value of Apple devices, or that people won’t purchase outdated OS phones with KitKat, etc.
You need to understand that as long as the hardware works well and the battery charges well, the device has value. People will install another OS like CyanogenMod if they feel that they have an outdated OS. You can contact us at PawnGuru if you want to know more. Just fill in this contact us form and we’ll reply as soon as possible.