Selling or pawning items of value is the quickest way to get cash. If you have anything of value, you can get cash from a pawn shops within minutes!
Looking to sell or pawn an item now?
Get local cash offers for it – free, fast & easy.
Pawn shops will either buy your item for cash, or they will give you a secured cash loan and hold your item as collateral until you pay off the loan.
The pawn shop only cares about how much they can re-sell the item for, so they don’t care about how good or bad your credit is. There is almost no paperwork and no background check required at all. (They will most likely take your contact info and run the item through a stolen item database to make sure it’s legal merchandise, but otherwise it’s a very quick transaction!)
The benefits of using a pawn shop
- It’s fast
- No shipping (vs. Ebay)
- Legitimate stores and shop-keepers (ie. no meeting strangers in weird places like Craigslist)
- If you just need cash, but don’t want to get rid of your item, only pawn shops can offer a quick cash loan for your stuff
The downsides to using a pawn shop
- Not necessarily maximizing your cash
- If you take a loan, you risk losing your item if you don’t pay off the loan within a few months
- Note: About 85% of pawned items are successfully paid back and redeemed
- Sometimes located in bad neighborhoods
Follow our Pawn Guru blog for more tips on how to get the best deal for your stuff from local pawn shops.