If you’re wondering how to sell used gym equipment, we will guide you every step of the way.
If you’re unfamiliar with PawnGuru, we are a free online platform for selling your used possessions to pawn shops in your area and getting the best offer possible. We’ve seen a wide variety of items sold through PawnGuru, and this includes gym equipment. So you’re in luck!
Whether you want to learn how to sell a used recumbent bike, a used elliptical or a used treadmill, we will be your new favorite resource for selling off old possessions.
Read below to learn how to sell used gym equipment in the easiest way possible and for the most money possible.
How to Sell Used Gym Equipment and Not Get Lowballed
The Problem with Selling Used Gym Equipment on Craigslist
The first challenge with selling your used gym equipment on Craigslist is you might be dealing with someone who doesn’t know just how much your gym equipment is worth.
Say the buyer you meet through Craigslist is in the market to purchase gym equipment but they aren’t familiar with the various brands in exercise equipment, and you’re selling a machine from a premium brand. They could offer you an unfair price, not knowing that your gym equipment is top notch due to lack of knowledge.
After disagreeing on the price after hauling your gym equipment somewhere, you realize you just wasted your time and need to move on to the next potential buyer.
The fact that “time is money” is reason enough to avoid Craigslist. So, what about sites such as eBay? Well, if you’re looking for cash and a quick sell, you’re going to be disappointed.
Why You Should Sell Used Gym Equipment at a Pawn Shop
Pawn shops are fantastic for selling used gym equipment for cash. Yes, you can outright sell your gym equipment without involving the loan process. It can be a one-and-done situation.
While pawn shops tend to get a bad reputation from the way they’re portrayed by the media, they’re actually well-run establishments with experts that bring years of experience with them to fairly price used goods.
Pawnbrokers have more knowledge than your everyday buyer on Craigslist. They’re noteworthy for their expertise and have gained popularity from shows such as Pawn Stars. Pawn shops are a great way to get free appraisals for your items with the option to get cash for them on the spot.
Should You Pawn Your Used Gym Equipment Instead of Selling It?
If you don’t want to give up your used gym equipment for good, consider pawning it instead of selling it. Pawning your used exercise equipment will allow you to get it back later.
Please note that if you choose this route, you need to pay the pawn shop interest and fees for loaning you the money. And, you need to pay it back by a certain date in order to get your gym equipment back.
Benefits of Selling Your Used Gym Equipment to a Pawn Shop
When you pawn or sell used gym equipment to a pawn shop, you receive all the following benefits. These are difficult to come by when you choose the most popular methods of selling used items.
Benefits of Pawn Shops
- You get cash in hand today for your gym equipment
- You deal with a professional who has pricing experience
- Your buyer (pawnbroker) is going to be straightforward with you
- No need to travel to a stranger’s home, or have them enter yours
- No need to work around a buyer’s inconvenient schedule (the pawn shop is open throughout the day and sometimes evening)
- PawnGuru helps you sell your items quickly and for the most money through an online platform
How to Sell Used Gym Equipment to a Pawn Shop for the Most Money
- Clean your equipment—make it look as new as possible. Gather all original components.
- Register for a free PawnGuru account.
- Create a listing on the platform for your gym equipment.
- Receive bids from your local pawn shops.
- Accept (or don’t accept) the highest offer! It’s completely up to you.
- Walk into the pawn shop that gave the highest bid and exchange your equipment for cash.
Now that you know how to sell used gym equipment for top dollar at a pawn shop near you, you will likely want to see how much you can get for other items in your possession!
Read the articles below for more information on selling or pawning used items.
- Where to Sell Used Recumbent Bikes
- How to Sell a Used Treadmill
- How to Sell a Used Elliptical Machine
- How to Sell or Pawn Used Sports Equipment
- Best Things to Pawn for Quick Cash