Hoping to start marketing your pawn shop more, but not sure where to start?
Creating or improving upon your pawn shop’s Google Places listing is a small but effective place to begin when it comes to pawn shop marketing.
More customers, more deals.
Start making offers today.
An effective marketing strategy is important for pawn shops that want to take their business to the next level. This doesn’t have to be a complicated and ominous task. Even small steps can help your pawn shop expand its brand awareness and revenue!
At PawnGuru, we’ll periodically provide you with tips for improving your pawn shop’s marketing and online presence.
This week, we’ll cover Google Places and how you can spruce up—or create—your Google Places listing for better marketing. Take a few minutes to read our marketing tips for pawn shops that want to grow and thrive using Google Places!
While you’re on PawnGuru, take a moment to list your shop in our pawn shop directory to reach more pawn customers today.
How to Create a Google Places Listing for Your Pawn Shop
Google Places is where you add your business information to appear on a map with details that help your customers get more information on your business and reaching you. Having one is crucial for pawn shop marketing.
Unsure if your pawn shop is listed on Google Places?
You can check by following these steps:
- Visit Google Maps.
- Search for your pawn shop name
- If it shows up, you’re listed
- If you show up or don’t remember creating that listing, click here and follow the instructions.
- Keep reading below
How to Edit & Improve Your Pawn Shop’s Google Places Listing
Already listed on Google Places? You’ll want to double check to make sure your business listing is optimized, accurate and complete with nothing amiss. You should take advantage of every section of information that Google Places allows you to edit.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Sign in to Google My Business
- Use the card view by clicking the grid icon in the upper right
- Choose your listing
- At the top of the page, click ‘Info’
- Click the section you want to edit
- Make edits
- Click ‘Apply’
Pawn Shop Marketing Tips for Your Google Places Listing
- Check your business name – is it accurate and cleanly formatted?*
- Check your hours – are they accurate and up-to-date? Add special hours for holidays.
- Check your phone number – is it accurate and does it match what’s on your website?*
- Check your address – is it 100% accurate and does it match what’s on your website?*
- Test your website link – does it work and lead to your actual website?
- Check your photos – don’t have them? Add them. Are they blurry? Replace them with sharp, focused photos that communicate professionalism (e.g. friendly staff, views of your organized displays of various item categories)
- Check your primary category – it should read “Pawn Shop” with no modifications
- Check your additional categories – are they truly representative of your business?
*Your Business Name, Address, and Phone should exactly match what is on your website. If it does, it helps your website’s presence in Google. If it doesn’t, it might hurt your website’s Google presence.
Feel free to check out this video from Google on how to edit your Places listing.
For more detailed information from Google on the Google Places editing process, please visit Google’s help section on this specific topic.
As a reminder, don’t forget to list your pawn shop in our pawn shop directory at PawnGuru. It’s quick, easy and free—and will help you find more customers.
Already in our directory? Make sure your profile is complete by signing in and making edits. If you don’t have an account yet, find your shop in the directory and click ‘claim this shop page.’ Be on your way to better pawn shop marketing today with PawnGuru!