Are you looking to make some cash – and fast? Do you collect old cell phones like they’re junk mail?
If you’ve answered yes to one (or possibly both) of these questions, you might want to think about heading to a pawn shop to sell some of your valuables.
You might be asking yourself questions like: Do pawn shops buy phones? How do I find a cellphone pawnshop? What do I need to do to pawn my cell phone?
Well, look no further, because PawnGuru’s blog is here for you.
In this post, we’ll answer your questions and guide you through the process, so you can offload your phone and get the cash you need.
Do Pawn Shops Buy Phones?
In short, the answer is yes!
However, whether a specific pawn shop buys cell phones is up to their own discretion. They may also base their answer on the reason why you’re selling the phone. If it’s to get a loan, the answer may be different than if you just want cash.
One other thing to keep in mind is the possibility that the pawn shop may worry that the phone you’re selling is stolen and, well, worthless.
How Do I Find a Cellphone Pawn shop?
We can get you a cellphone pawn shop. Just list your item on PawnGuru and the cellphone pawn shops in your area will bid on your phone.
It’s that simple, really!
Now that you’ve found a way to get a pawn shop or two that accepts cell phones, it’s time to learn what you need to do to sell yours.
Let’s get to it.
How to Pawn Your Phone
Before you head out to the pawn shop, you’re going to need to prepare your phone. Here’s how you do it:
1. Back the data up on your phone and encrypt it, so that no one else will be able to access it.
2. Reset your phone to its original factory settings, so your personal data and information are erased.
3. Remove your phone from Find My iPhone (if you have one) or the Android Device Manager, so the location will no longer be traced.
4. Determine the current value of your phone so you’re prepared to negotiate once you get to the pawn shop.
5. Bring a photo ID – and go do your thing!
Pawn Your Phone Today
Pawning your phone really isn’t that difficult, especially now that you know how to do it!
And if you’re still looking for more help and advice on pawning your items, check out the rest of our blog!