You have stuff and you want to sell it. But selling your stuff is hard to do.
- You have to spread the word about what you are selling.
- You have to respond to questions about what you’re selling.
- You have to arrange delivery or pickup. Or even worse, you have to arrange shipping.
- And worst of all, you have to deal with dreaded returns, when the buyer changes their mind.
Looking to sell or pawn an item now?
Get local cash offers for it – free, fast & easy.
What a pain!
If you have the money to spend on your own marketing, great! You can print flyers, pay for Google ads, or buy a billboard and get people to notice what you are selling.
But what if you just want to sell your tv, sell your phone, or furniture or car or …? It doesn’t pay to do advertising in order to sell that one thing!
You could try consignment shops, and sell on consignment. There are places that do consignment furniture, consignment jewelry, consignment anything (almost). But consignment shops are NOT fast. (My friend Mo has had a ring at a local consignment shop waiting to be sold for 6 months!)
So what’s the best solution? Here are five recommended steps to get cash for your stuff today.
- Prep the item
- Write down all the information about the item
- Find the model number
- Try to remember when/how you got the item, what year it was made, etc.
- If there’s a good story behind the item, write it down!
- Look up the phone numbers of local thrift shops or local pawn shops
- You can also try to find an email, but not every shop has an email address
- Call and ask if they buy items like yours
- Be nice on the phone! And provide some of your item’s details.
- Go to the shop and follow up on any offers your received.
This is how you can sell your stuff TODAY for cash, without dealing with marketing, credit cards, shipping, returns, consignment shops, etc.
You’d be surprised how fast you can sell your stuff to a pawn shop, and even more surprised at WHAT they are willing to buy from you.