Wondering where to sell used musical instruments? We’ll help you find a new home for your old drum set, guitar, piano or whatever your instrument of choice may be.
We understand it’s hard to know where to sell used musical instruments in order to get the most money. It can be difficult to find a buyer on Craigslist who knows the true value of yours— especially when you would really like to have the cash today. But to most people, they think this is their only option.
We have news for you—it’s not!
Read on to learn where to sell used musical instruments to get the best offer possible, in as little time as possible.
Where to Sell Used Musical Instruments Quickly and Easily
The best place to sell musical instruments in the least time possible and without hassle is at a pawn shop.
A little known secret about pawn shops is that they will buy your used musical instrument outright from you if they consider it a desirable item they can easily resell in their shop.
At a pawn shop, you’ll be greeted by experienced pawnbrokers who have years of experience pricing used items. This is different from selling through a place such as Craigslist where you’re likely to interact with a buyer who doesn’t understand how valuable your instrument is, or who wants to lowball you.
Better yet, when you sell used instruments to a pawn shop, you’ll get sameday cash in hand for it.
It’s likely you have more than one of these pawn shops in your town, so let’s talk about how to know where to sell used musical instruments for the most money possible.
Where to Sell Used Musical Instruments for the Most Money Possible
It’s difficult for most people to pinpoint where to sell used musical instruments in order to get the biggest payout. It’s also important to know that if there are multiple pawn shops in your town, the better the odds for finding a pawn shop that will take musical instruments.
Some pawn shops specialize in jewelry, some specialize in musical instruments, and others specialize in weapons and ammo. Many pawn shops will sell a wide variety of items, though, which means they are more likely to take a wide variety of used items.
To sell your used musical instrument for the most money possible, we recommend using PawnGuru.
What is PawnGuru and How Do I Sell My Musical Instrument?
At PawnGuru, we give you an online platform to list your musical instrument for sale in your local area just for pawn shops to view. You describe the musical instrument, take a photo and add your contact information. This gets sent directly to pawn shops in your local area.
This way, a pawn shop can contact you to make an offer on your instrument. This happens pretty quickly, and sometimes almost immediately!
This accomplishes two things, which save you time, money and research:
- You get to compare offers from pawn shops in your local area, where it’s convenient to you
- You get to see which pawn shops are actually interested in your instrument
Here’s how to sell your used musical instrument through PawnGuru:
- Clean your musical instrument so it looks as new as possible and include all parts
- Take a photo of it in good lighting
- Create a new listing on PawnGuru—it’s free, quick and easy!
- Upload the photo, contact info and describe your instrument in as much detail as possible.
- Watch offers roll in
- Accept the highest bid (no obligation!)
- Enter the pawn shop with the highest bid (have your musical instrument in hand or in the car!)
- Finalize the offer and walk out with cash in hand
Now that you know where to sell used musical instruments, you might be interested in more information related to selling used items at a pawn shop. We put together the related resources below to help you. Enjoy!
- How Much do Pawn Shops Pay for Guitars? (2017)
- How to Pawn or Sell a Drum Set
- How to Sell or Pawn a Piano to its True Potential
- The Best Alternative to Craigslist: Pawn Shops
- How Much do Pawn Shops Pay for Electronics (2017)?